Step-by-Step Replacement Skylight Dome Installation Instructions
Note: Step-by-Step Instructions demonstrate the professional installation of a replacement dome. SkylightDepot.com is a distributor of skylights and accessories and is not qualified to install or give advice on installation.
- First step is to remove retainer frame by unscrewing along the side of retainer.
- Measure tip to tip of the actual existing dome width.
- And then the length tip to tip. Order your replacement domes from SkylightDepot.com.
- Go to SkylightDepot.com and order replacement domes.
- When replacement domes arrive remove retainer frame and remove old domes.
- All domes come with a protective blue film on both the top and bottom. Installer is removing film from top, film is still on the bottom which is the reason for the blue look.
- Removal of protective blue coating shows clear inner dome.
- Place clear inner dome on top of skylight frame. Place single-stick adhesive foam close cell tape between your domes. If you order a double or triple dome it will come with your order.
- Lay outer dome on top of inner dome. Our suggested airspace between inner and outer domes is an 1 3/4".
- Place retainer frame back on top of domes and frame.
- Screw retainer back into frame.
- Enjoy the light through your new acrylic domed skylights!